Tuesday, May 13, 2014

((the adventure of you))

Hi there. You're about nine weeks away from seeing this beautiful world for the first time. We love that you're a Summer baby, everything is all green and sunny and ready for you to arrive. When I say we I mean your daddy and me. He's pretty great, you will love him and he already adores you. He's the guy who says "hey baby" to you all the time but I'm guessing you already knew that.

Here's what we know about you:
You were the best kind of surprise. We didn't plan you but from the second we found out we've been so excited about you.
You graciously haven't ever made me sick, you've made this so easy for me so high five, doll! 
We saw you for the first time on December 5th and it was the most amazing thing. 
You're a precious little girl. We didn't plan on this either, you have a way of sneaking up on us. But now that we know that you're our daughter we can't imagine things any other way. 
You're super healthy and SO strong. Your doctor has been amazed at how strong your heartbeat is from the first time we listened. And I have been amazed at how much you roll around and you are constantly kicking... yes, even at night.

We've been a lot of places together already, just in case you can't remember though:

We ran a 5k together two days before I even knew you were on-board. I was trying to beat my best time and trying to get past a knee surgery and wondered why I felt so tired! We finished about two minutes behind my best time so way to go you little trooper.

Daddy and I took you to Chattanooga for our third anniversary and hiked the Tennessee River Gorge, it was beautiful!

You and I flew to Chicago in January to see the blizzard and one of my best friends. We ate Chicago style pizza and almost froze.

The three of us drove to Louisville and spent a weekend skiing at Paoli Peaks. I went a little AMA on this trip but we knew it would be alright and it was. I think you liked skiing.

For my 26th birthday when I was 26 weeks pregnant with you Daddy took us to one of our favorite places, the Smoky Mountains and we hiked Mount LeConte together. I won't lie to you, it was hard to catch my breath on the way up but you made it to the summit!

We have walked and hiked over 150 miles together. I love to take you to the lake at lunch time and walk. I think you love it too, you're always kicking around when we walk... but then, you're always kicking around. 

We went kayaking together on Easter and caught some sunshine. I can't wait to take you out on the water, if you're anything like your parents it will be your favorite summertime place.


Right now we are planning a camping trip for Memorial Day! You've also helped us put in our garden. It's smaller this year since we will be a little distracted spending time with you. We will have tomatoes, peppers, okra, cantaloupe, squash and cucumbers.

Your nursery is all but done. Your daddy spent MONTHS working on building a crib for you and any brothers or sisters you may have later. He worked really hard to make it perfect, I love it because he made it. We've made a lot of things in your room and I think you will like it! It's full of sunshine and you can see the trees and flowers and it's full of color and sweet books from people who love you already. We don't have everything we need to take care of you yet, but don't worry, we've got a couple weeks to collect all the paraphernalia that comes along with someone so tiny!

The most important thing about your adventure so far is that we know you are a gift from God, a surprise that didn't surprise Him at all. You already love going to our church and dancing to the music. We have prayed for you and we hope that by example we teach you how to love God and love people. I know your heart is big.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment